Dish on the Dress

Dogged Readers, thank you for closely monitoring my dress dilemma.  Many of you have thought about sending me suggestions and when I didn't get them, I realized that they were from you.  I was feeling the ESP vibes from all of you, and listened to what you weren't saying.  I heard myself say to Girl8 one day, "We aren't going to make any Desperation Purchases!  You have to really like it or we aren't getting it!  That means no buying just for the sake of getting Something, Anything!"  I thought it prudent to follow my own advice and I backed away from the Internet, my hands in the air.

It was amazing how much spare time I had, since I wasn't glued to the computer, surfing the World Wide Web at all hours.  My eyesight seemed to improve and I no longer feared that I had carpal tunnel syndrome.  Girl8 hardly recognized me with my new cheerful demeanor and no bags under my eyes.  We had time to make recital invitations, play Canasta, and learn the words to I'll Be Loving You Always.  In three languages.

The niggle of the thought of the dress was always there, but I had squashed it so far down in my brain that it didn't tickle too much.  One day the niggle surfaced enough so that my fingers independently sought out my favorite designer and googled her name plus desirable traits of the elusive dress.  The internet obligingly served up my dream dress at a nightmare of a price.  My fingers then autonomously crept to a well-known auction site and inquired about the existence of the dream dress in a particular size.

Astonishingly, the dress materialized in the right size, a beautiful color, and an extraordinary price.  My fingers froze over the keyboard.  Girl8 appeared out of nowhere, took one glance and began to chant, "Buy IT, Buy IT, Buy IT!"  Had I looked out the window at that moment, I think the stars would have been aligned to spell out "Buy It!"  I blinked several times and my fingers clicked "Buy It Now".


Doesn't it look great on me!  I just hope that this dress doesn't hamper my trapeze performance with the groom's sister at the wedding.

5 comments:

  1. The dress is beautiful!! It HAS to work for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It came today and woo hoo it looks great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dress! What color is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is this same color of blue. Hopefully I won't look like a giant blueberry.

    ReplyDelete